Monday, May 30, 2011

Welcome Baby Jett!!

I know this blog is about 7 weeks late :) but I have been busy and I do want to share my birthing story or the lack there of!
First of all I was having a scheduled c-section which we all knew. Eben and I had to be at the hospital at 5:30am!! That is so early for us so to make our life easier we stayed the night at moms! it was fun Sara was there and Lacey and Saige, I made dinner and just hung out- we went to bed about 8pm so not a really long night! I was so nervous I hardly slept!! I was up every hour to pee and I wanted to just burst with all of the emotions I was feeling!!

Finally it was time to go, we got to the hospital, got checked in and they started giving me my work up of medication and monitoring the baby. The nurse that I got happened to be Mickenzie and Lacey's aunt Suzie, I felt so comfortable with her, and was lucky I finally got a nurse that cared about me. Once we got all of my IV's in and put my bowels to sleep it was time for the epidural. This is where I almost died of anticipation! We walked in to the surgery room and it was like a scene out of an alien movie! There was one steel table with places for your arms to be strapped down and a bright light shining on the table. I was so scared and knew this was not the type of birth I wanted. I knew it was needed but I didn't want to do it.
The epidural was a mess, it hurt so bad! I could not relax and I felt like he was going to screw the medicine right through my body! OUCH!!!! Thankfully it didn't last long, then we found out it didn't work. All of that pain and it did not work! I was angry at this point. The dr decided to give me a medicine that "Might make me tired." No it put me completely out, I was gone- off into a Dr. Who dream land. When I woke up I was so confused and in a lot of pain. My husband was gone and the worst part my baby was gone, I had no idea where they were or what was happening, so my way to deal with this was to swear! I asked for every person that was there with me and that sweet nurse Suzie went and got all of my family and let them come back and see me. They all assured me that Jett was beautiful and he was safe with his daddy! For some reason it did not register so every single person got the same question about the baby! My midwife was there holding my hand the whole time.
Finally the moment I had waited 39 long weeks for I got to see my baby!! He was the most beautiful boy I have ever seen, he was just as confused as I was and we just sat there in silence together and felt so comfortable and safe finally together.
The next few days in the hospital were very hard, c-section is not easy and the recovery with a brand new baby you have no idea how to deal with should be outlawed!!! The nurses were great though they helped me so much and my perfect baby was the greatest nurser!! He needed no instruction on how to eat, which was so nice finally something went right! We really worked together and made feeding a great bonding time! I just love this kid!!

We soon learned that because of the position of his body during gestation that his hips did not develop correctly because of this both of his hips were dislocated and he was going to have to go to Primary Children's hospital the Monday after he was born to have an Orthopedic Dr look at them..

No comments:

Post a Comment